duty manager expression of interest
Reporting to the Bookings Officer, this Duty Manager is a key role with responsibility for oversight of facility and service areas including reception and café. This role includes being first point of contact for customers, set up and pack up of equipment around our venues.
- Provide quality customer service by phone, email and face to face to ensure our community experiences a welcoming environment including but not limited to: room and court hire payments, gym and program enquiries.
- Troubleshoot stadium issues including conflict with customers and staff;
- Supervision of all staff to ensure a quality experience for staff and customers including but not limited to: reception, café and games controllers whilst on shift;
- Ensure that the Stadium is operating safely including providing first aid when required and managing emergency situations;
- Facility oversight including opening and closing procedures, setup and pack up of equipment and troubleshooting facility issues;
- Monitor and rotate stock to maximise financial return and minimise wastage including troubleshooting stock issues.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills to listen effectively; give instructions; manage conflict and liaise effectively with staff, suppliers and customers.
- Excellent time management in skills to manage self and others duty requirements.
- Physically able to setup and pack up equipment including but not limited to chairs, tables, sporting nets and poles.
- Organisational skills in stock control, time management, record keeping.
- Cash handling including floats and reconciling takings.
- Technically savvy including use of email, phone, POS and Eftpos
- Availability to work irregular hours as required including days, weeknights and weekends.
- Senior First Aid qualified (or willingness to obtain prior to commencing)
- Hold or ability to obtain a valid Working with Children Check prior to commencement